A multitude of certificates can be downloaded from the Campus Management Portal (Studierendenportal):

You are able to retrieve these certificated up to 6 months after de-registration. Please note that certain fees apply for issuing any such certificates after this time period (see §2 of "Satzung über die Erhebung von Gebühren für das Gasthörer‐Studium und sonstige studienbezogene Dienstleistungen").

Additional certificates (examples listed below) are available bycontacting the Studierendenservice. When contacting the Studierendenservice, it is important to note what the certificate is needed for. Some of the most requested certificates are:

  • Certificate of equivalence (diploma vs. master's degree)
  • Ranking certificate (e.g. for applications for scholarships and grants during your studies) - graduates please use the ECTS ranking charts which are part of the diploma supplement received with your graduation documents
  • Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung (certificate of compliance; proof of existing entitlement to an examination, e.g. needed for change of study program or university)
  • Education verification

Please note that issue of individual certificates can take several working days, therefore please put in your request in a timely manner.

Please use the application for the provision of study-related services PDF for any requests.

Certifcates needed for the German pension fund are issued free of charge. Please submit the letter from the pension fund stating that you are required to submit any such certificates.



+49 721 608 - 82222


Contacts for students

Contacts for applicants


Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Kaiserstr. 12
76131 Karlsruhe


Business hours